Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Senior Citizens?

Am i the only old person that doesn't like seeing old people? i live in an over 55s complex but there are so many really old people that can hardly walk, or use frames, there's a couple on motorized scooters, i hate it, i don't hate the people they are nice and friendly to talk too, it's just looking at them from a distance, am i nuts or just afraid of what's ahead for me.

Anonymous how do i lack empathy, i like talking to all old people, i care how they feel or problems they have, i just don't like looking at them shuffling along, i'm 75 so i'm old as well.

Good answer Kate, i understood what i was doing but didn't realise it would have that affect on me and was wondering if anyone else felt the same.

to all you people that like to abuse, read my updates because you're all talking through your hat.

It seems the only one who understands what i meant is old sea dog, he is spot on.

Yes, it does sound like you are viewing the old and infirm with the thought that one day, and not all that far into the future, that YOU will be in their shoes.

I`m also 75y/o and a lot of 75 year old`s are already 6ft under you know.

I am scared of the future and when I see very old people in their 80`s and 90`s that struggle to get around I think that will be me soon and Its scary.

I personally think its natural for us elderlies to view the real oldies with a bit of trepidation, for want of a better word. JMO.

Older people deserve to be respected and exist too zjqkcf

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

It's good that you managed to obtain such a place whilst so young. Settle down and it will be much easier not having to do all that when much older. I hope you settle down soon and will be very comfortable in your new surroundings.  I moved home at the age of 70.  It was hard but worth the effort.

I understand and kind of agree with you. I hope I can die before I find myself in that situation. 

Oh Hell no.  I went into an "old folks home". Same thing there for me:  almost all people were either in scooters and left them everywhere, or they were "racing" down the halls so no one could get by.  I was 67, the youngest in the whole damned place.  Every night after dinner, the place was a ghost town.  No, I begged and did get out of my lease after 45 days.  I hated it, people wanted to let you know they were waiting to die.  And where is the "abuse" coming from?  I don't want to be an entertainer for them, I'm a young now 68, I still look forward to helping people build their basements, going to movies, staying up until 1:00 am, and get up at 5:30 or 6 to trade on the stock and options market.  I know more about tax returns than anybody I know, I just get tired of doing returns for people who still can add at my age or 20 years younger.  I ain't dead yet, but I do want to go to Po.  Look it up in Hawaiian.

Not liking something doesn't require being "nuts". You may be suffering from shortsightedness and the lack of sympathy. In other words, you just may be a jerk.

A lot of those older folks are suffering from serious health issues such as explosive diarrhea, chronic flatulence, or premature ejaculation.   And I'm sure they don't enjoy looking at you all that much.  Mentally retarded individuals, such as yourself, can sometimes make people feel anxious and uncomfortable.

• Kate

I doubt you're the only person and to each his/her own. But what did you expect when you moved to an over 55 complex? Bikinis and skateboarders?

.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.

Yep. You are nuts alright. You lack empathy.