Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is solving the cost of college 👩‍🎓 really that hard? Would it be possibly to build a cheap university to make it happen?

They say that the problems facing higher ed are intractable but why aren’t more people thinking 🤔 outside the box 📦?

Someone could found a university that is bare bones and cut costs and design it around the concept of producing employable graduates 🎓 for 5 grand

This design would change how courses are delivered,    faculty labor productivity is the factor we need to multiply. Faculty would design course syllabi and keep them up to date. Content Creators could create engaging content do distribute the education

The university would simply certify students knowledge via assessments graded using computer algorhms. Any human work in grading would be done by staff graders.

Clinical education would take place in affiliated hospitals across the country and various “lab schools” across the country could teach lab 🧪 science 🧫 .

Performing arts could be taught by various dance 💃 studios and theatre groups and music 🎼 organizations and the university could have graders review student’s progress

Not having 👨‍🎓 on campus eliminates all the issues of Title 9 compliance and all the campus sexual assaults and such and removes the need for much campus police 🚔?

The campus would only need a Library 📚  (for accreditation purposes + access to govt. documents) an administration building and maybe a museum if a millionaire donates one?

What do you think of this idea?

Update:

Would Donald Trump like this idea 💡? Maybe he could give some money to have it named after him and call it the Trump Presidential Library?

Maybe he would also donate an art 🖼 museum to house his art collection?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No es nada dificil, encontre un lugar donde puedes capacitar a tus empleados GRATIS durante 30 días  https://zalvadora.com/registrar_trial/

• 1 month ago

tell the unis to cut idiotic 6 figure salaries for diversity classes,,LGBT studies of mongolia,,,uzbek throat singing

textbooks are extroardinarly expensive,most are state or chinese supported,,,learning a trade as a fall back can help defray costs,,get a part time jobby ..haopefully one along the lines of your chosen courses  live off campus,rent is cheaper than school provided housing

• 1 month ago

work you lazy bum, i did and paid mine off!

• 2 months ago

Guess what?  This already exists. 

Look up how much it costs to attend Berea College in Kentucky, USA. 

Annual cost per student is approximately $1964.  AND it's a top-rated school. 

www.berea.edu

Surprise!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The people that build need to make a living, plans have to be made and aproved and lots of money must exchange hands to even get started, so the builden is not cheap, then you have to have teachers, professors and such, office staff and make people aware that the school even exist all of which cost MONEY so no how or way is it cheap!  The bigger, better the school the more the staff is paid so the more money the student has to pay to be there.  Also employers view schools by the record and status of the school: which meaqns the more the place cost the better the education is and the more status the employer will have by hireing people by these better name schools. It is a vicious circle and if you make the WRONG CHOICE as I did you can wind up with no employers even interested in looking at you! Believe me that F___ HURTS!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Universities Must make Money to pay the wages of the teachers Many Universities in Australia are set up for Overseas students and Most Positions are Usually Full

people like me never wanted to go to University so i will always Object to it being Tax payer funded when most degrees will earn the Owner 200,000 a year

the User must pay not the Tax payer

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

your either a TROLL or an idiot , or maybe and IDIOTIC TROLL , what are you !!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

FYI Trump already had school and it was a colossal JOKE.

The problem is that many universities spend megabucks on attractions -- fancy dorms and student unions -- and amenities -- swimming pools, game rooms, beautiful grounds, etc. -- to lure students to them and then have to charge high tuitions to pay for them. 

I agree with you that there should be 'bare bones' universities too. 

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The state college and university system, for an in-state student and starting with two years at a community college, is a good option.

Trump gave his considerable expertise to Trump University, and it ended with him settling lawsuits.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

• 2 months ago

That's basically the idea behind online universities such as Phoenix. But employers still don't trust those degrees. What you're describing is usually called a "diploma mill". That is not what a university education should be. There are plenty of trade schools that prepare students for perfectly good, well-paying jobs. 

However, there are other solutions. My states funds education for thousands of students with a lottery. People who don't want to pay a penny more in taxes will happily pour money down the sinkhole of a lottery.  President Obama proposed a similar scheme for the whole country, but Republicans wouldn't have it. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.