Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 months ago

Anyone else think Neil deGrasse Tyson is the most annoying general public science educator of all time ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Ask Dr Sheldon Cooper.

• 2 months ago

I have the (good?  bad?) luck to be acquainted with all three people discussed here:  Neil Tyson, Bill Nye and Michio Kaku.  Tyson is very pleasant, knowledgeable and fun to be with.  Nye is an egotistical, oversold pompous four flusher.  Kaku is brilliant but a bit too self involved.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's Bill Nye. He used to be funny on purpose.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

lol says a saddo posting anonymously on YA :) 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Bill Nye is way worse.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dude's trying to impress his white audience but failing z

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• 2 months ago

At least he is an educator, and not a purveyor of misinformation like so many other of the smarmy gits we see on tv.

What makes most tv presentations annoying is the awful background music and amateurish editing which is so common these days.

• 2 months ago

Nah... it's one opinion over someone else's, but mine is that he knows his stuff, and has the correct demeanor to present it to people that may have less knowledge of physics & astronomy.  Tyson explains things well, and connects the events of discovery in the past to our knowledge today.  He gets flustered from flat-earthers and those who think the moon landings didn't happen, and I like that - it makes me flustered that such ignorance exists, too. 

Passing on knowledge takes two big talents - first, possessing and understanding the knowledge in the first place - not everybody has that; and second, the ability to paint the picture of that knowledge in an understandable way for others... that's a true talent that not many people possess. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Indeed. Has he invented time travel? (I forgot).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yup, I sure do. 

And ... 'Cosmos' was done right the first time. 

It did not come with a need to be made racially correct.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.