Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

Opinions on the name Katie? ?

I’m not having kids quite yet but I’ve kinda thought that if I have a youngest daughter, her name will be Katie. (: she’d be named after me, I grew up with that nickname. 

Oh haha, I didn’t know it was weird. Naming a child after the parents was really common when I was growing up (: I’m even named after my grandparents and my aunt 

The name Katie is insanely popular in Florida where I live.  I have never met so many Katies in my entire life.  Apparently, it was a very popular choice for the parents of Millennials in the 1990s.

It's not really unusual to name your kids after yourself although it's not done often, I feel. But men tend to name their first sons their EXACT same full name, so I think it's cuter to go with a nickname. Katie is a pretty common name but it is very beautiful and if it has special meaning to you, I say go for it.

I love the nicknames Kate and Katie, but give her the dignity of a full name like Kathryn/Katherine, Kaitlyn or Katrina. 

I've changed my assessment of this name. I think Katie is a charming and pretty name. It's truly not excessively terrible. The one thing that bugs me is that many individuals here in the.

• garry

yes its short for katherine and catrina or russian katherina .

To be honest, since youre asking, I think its very boring and way too common

Katie is a fun and cheerful nickname.  I wouldn't give it as the full name.  I'd name the baby Catherine or Katherine or Kathryn or Kathleen. 

While naming a child after a parent or grandparent is common, it can be confusing for two people to have the same name and nickname.  Sometimes this leads to people being called "Big Katie" and "Little Katie" -- or the child select a different nickname to distinguish themselves from their namesake.  

• Snid

I love Katie as a nickname but not as a given name.

Good for you and your names

It’s only ok. I think it’s weird naming a kid after yourself . Katie is already really popular .  Yeah using your grandparents and aunt or uncles. But yourself .  Replace weird with egotistical