Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

christians: do you think people who are possessed by the devil are going to hell?

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:​27). Many people believe in a fiery hell. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:​10.  Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.​—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”​—Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:​19).

God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.”(⁠1John 4:8).

"They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’"(Jeremiah 7:​31, NWT).

• Jake

Not necessarily.  No one is eternally damned until he or she actually dies.  Before then, repentance is always possible and being possessed by a demon is not a sin for the possessee.  People who die in a state of unrepented mortal sin are sentenced to eternal damnation while those who instead die in a state of sanctifying grace go to either purgatory or heaven.

• ?

No,...no humans will be sent to hell for any reason...... hell is an eternal confinement for those immortal beings who rebelled against God... and for those immortal beings in Heaven  who willfully violate other laws of God ....... humans are not immortal beings

If they are still alive they have a chance to have God bring them in first. 

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: Not if God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior saves them before they die, then they will go into heaven, just like the true believers of God or God chosen.

Source(s): King James holy bible

True story. I dated this girl some years back. Idk, like maybe 6 years ago or so. Anyhow she had MS and was prone to what doctors called pseudo seizures. Basically they were psychologically triggered episodes where she's black out and claw her face as hard as she could. They were rare, but they happened. She had self esteem issues and took it out on herself. So, at one point she ended up in the hospital for MS reasons and it also ended up being the first time I experienced a pseudo seizure. She blacked out and ran her "claws" across her face until she tore skin off. Having no idea what to do I held her arms down and man was she strong. I had to use all my strength and still at some points I could only keep her arms a few inches from her cheeks. So, of course, the hospital had her in restraints. She broke those. So, they put her in leather restraints. Well, she broke those too. They were impressed. A few of the episodes required security to make an appearance. At one point she managed to bite me and actually left teeth marks. Actually she did that twice. And a few claw marks. Nothing serious, but they were visible for quite a few months. Right hand/wrist and left arm. So, getting to your question. At one point she was trying to claw her face and I was holding her arms down telling her to stop (full well knowing she couldn't here me, but you know) and when I said her name she said, in a very low gravely voice, "there is no (name) here," and I said something like then who are you? and she said, in the same voice, "the evil one." Needless to say it was a little unnerving. I don't particularly believe in a physical devil or even an evil devil like Christianity adheres to (I'm Jewish and Satan is a whole different thing). So, I just did my thing holding her arms down and when she woke up I told her about it. We both knew it wasn't really "the devil," but it was still freaky. She didn't remember any of it, so, if it wasn't the devil (which it wasn't), then what the hell was it? An alternate personality?

🥴🙄😊

I dunno.

Usually only the weak are able to be possessed. 

Then again several demons can possess the body at once. When that happens, it means the primary occupant is gone. 

• ?

nope, as 'hell' was a construct of man, not God .................

Hell doesn't exist as Bible describe it,it's just a place with nothing around.