Eric asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

If I get rid of my internet service, and I don't have any virus protection, I don't use my computer, is the information that I have on my?

computer vulnerable, any suggestions, ideas?

6 hours ago

Rapture is a heresy. One must hide within a small group (10-12 people according to saint Seraphim of Sarov from Russia, 10-15 people group according to saint Gabriel Urgebadze from the country of Georgia) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents; documents are from Satan; burn them (even documents of deceased relatives). No electronics once you hid so that you won't be tracked (even an old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's will show the infamous evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether). [Saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov] Mark of the beast is given with World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it); antichrist will release prisoners / insane asylum people to help him mark everyone. Police will mark people on highways; food stores will mark people who steal marked food (because marked food can only be swallowed by a marked person who has three strands of DNA instead of two). Reject vaccines, temperature scans, COVID tests (or similar), etc.

Source(s): Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism.

If you're no longer using your computer, the best thing is to disconnect it from the internet. If you're off the internet, you can't be "seen". 

What are you hiding

Your computer might be safer disconnected from the internet, but never absolutely safe.  If you care about your data, back it up to an external disk, or flash drive from time to time, and put that in a drawer.  Or better, a drawer at work, or a safe deposit box.  The backup gives you insurance against the computer breaking down from normal failures, like the disk going bad.  Keeping the data in a remote location makes it less likely that you'll lose the data if (God forbid) your house burns down.

In theory, if your computer was once connected to the internet, it could have picked up some kind of time bomb malware, say something set to corrupt the disk at a significant date in the future.  Or if you bring data onto the computer in any other way, a virus could get in that way.  Remember, there were viruses that once spread by floppy disk, before people generally had internet.

Sure, if someone physically gets on your computer. /facepalm

• David

You would still need a backup in the event of theft, accidental damage or component failure

Even if you don't use your computer at all, your computer data is only as secure as your house is. Someone can still break in and steal it, or your house could burn down or be flooded and the data lost.

No. As long as you are not connected to the internet in any way, your computer is completely safe.