Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Has anyone ever got a question appealed by Yahoo?

I have gotten many questions removed and sometimes I don't understand it. They always tell me they have every right to do so. But when I want to seriously know something it's very frustrating.

• ?

I have appealed every once in a while, and I usually win the appeal.

Then you have to be intelligent enough to understand the EULA and how your question infringes upon it.  I have successfully appealed my answers that got reported and they could see I am no dummy.

Yeah they removed appeals and giving reasons for suspensions almost 8 years ago.

Now you're lucky to get a general email saying Yahoo admin suspended you and do not reply.

Then they spam the terms of service that's like 10 pages.

I see liberals on here get away with cyber bullying and have many accounts to lvl 7.

Yahoo Answer does not email anymore so cannot really appeal anymore which is a shame because some users like to stalk and harass certain users and has been happening for a long time. Yes I have appealed and won against these trolls who stalk and harass. I think it is a shame to accuse certain users and hurts feelings I think.  Better to appeal than to get harassed on here but some crazy psycho hypocrites who like to put the blame on other people when they are ones who are doing it.

I used to never appeal, but I would have evidence of stalking and they eventually investigated it, as they can look into your logins, and it shows who had hacked and tried to hack my email and they banned that user. A year later a new account was made. And active again 4 days publicly, but I think had been active and trolling all this time, perhaps in certain sections. Would come and go in the same way.... 

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

I used to think it was a guy stalking, but I think it was the girl now... Some women can be more psycho than men. My gosh, there are psycho men too, but psycho women are a bit worse, as it must be disgusting to hate on your own gender... Also, it explains why a lot of the harassers were men, posting abusive stuff on my questions, but all from a location that is forgotten by every human being... 

Just be thankful you don't live in those areas... Criminals in those countries can walk free and post on the web and harass people, too. Who would have imagined? 

If you remove your account noone will stalk you, and I don't know if yahoo would love losing all the customers because of one single psycho, so in my view try write to yahoo and ask them to remove it. But it is just beyond me how these "people" are allowed to harass individuals. 

Someone said hacking is an actual crime, but nothing happens to these people. And obviously won't stop, so allowing to make new accounts is just silly in my opinion, as they will continue, they won't stop. 

• .

It's been a couple of years since I last appealed removal of a post, but yes many people have appealed question or answer removal. Of those people, some had their content restored to the display and some did not.

.

With the lack of notification emails to alert users when they've had a post removed, appealing is MUCH more difficult than it used to be. Instead of a link in an email, an appeal has to be filed through the Help pages on YA. Instead of an email that provided the text of your deleted post, users now have to try to remember the exact wording if they don't screenshot all their posts.

.

You can post again here and ask "Was this question a violation" and include the exact text of the question, including any updates, URLs, or images associated with it, and the users here will tell you if it appears to be a violation or not. 

Nothing is ever done "by yahoo", as VERIZON bought the whole thing years ago.

If enough people report a question or answer, the machine will delete it.

If you doubt whether it's worth appealing, post a "why was this reported?" and QUOTE the question (and answer if it was the answer that got deleted) VERBATIM in the details-box. the regulars will be able to tell you

• Daniel

Lots of people have I have Sent people the Appeal Form Before and they have told me they have had Success with it and have had there Questions or Answers Restored Before 

What it comes down to is Did you Violate any Rules If you did not then the Appeal will work If you Did Break something then the Appeal will not work 

Violation Email Notices are Broken so the only way to Appeal is through this Link

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=conta...

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the Instructions from there 

I have won appeals. If you want to know the reason for the violation, post "Why was this question (answer) a violation?" and add any details you remember so the users can see the exact context. The experienced users here will explain it to you. Many times the violation is not in the question but in the added details and updates.

i used to be able to do that but for some reason they wont send us emails so we could appeal them