I remember that in the 1980's-1990's that you could acquire TB from the TB test and that the rate was quite high; is this still true?

My information may be from a 1960's to 1980's pharmaceutical reference manual.

Didn't mean to imply that was anywhere other than USA.

That was never true. The TB test never gave tb to anyone. It’s not live bacteria.  Check that again

Nope. Don't know where you heard that.  Possibly on some antivax site.

I have been around since the late 50's, had my first TB test in the late 60's or early 70's when they were trying to eradicate it.

I know hundreds of people who had it (including thousands at my school alone) and no-one developed TB as a result.

I've worked in the medical field since the 80s and have NEVER heard of that.

TB i have heard of a few cases but i can tell you in the mid 1950 s, the SALK vaccine which was suppose to protect you from polio actually gave polio to hundreds of children

• Tavy

It was not true then. Never heard of in the U.K.

• ?

was never true and still isn't true

• Mike G

Citation needed.