jt asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 weeks ago

Why is pineapple on pizza something that people tend to love or hate?

It causes such divided opinion. I am generally neutral on it, but most tend to either be really pro or anti.

I know some Italians and I have never heard them say "Gee lets have some pineapple on the pizza pie!" It's like the pineapple lost its way to the fruit salad and it should stay there in my opinion.

its a bit of sweet, sour and salty, some people just like that combo together. Its like the combo of sweet and sour pork/chicken, its sweet sour and a bit salty.

• ?

It tends to be rather juvenile, sort of like chicken nuggets.

In Australia, it is not a Pizza or Hamburger without Pinapple

It's just weird eating fruit on top of stringy cheese. Canadian bacon pizza is my favorite, though. 

I liked it, because of the sweet and savory combo. However, I stopped since it's offensive to Italians and it's their food so...

• R.j.

I like it once in awhile

• ?

got me , why do people dislike pineapple !!!

I can tolerate ham and pineapple pizza because pineapple goes with ham or gammon. I can't have pineapple and something else, with ham absent.

• kswck2

Because pizza should Never be sweet. Just ask Any Italian Grandma