Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 weeks ago

If you were forbidden to eat potatoes, what vegetable would you replace it with? ?

• 5 days ago

Cauliflower is a good substitute for potatoes. You can eat mashed cauliflower or rice cauliflower. It's also good for a low-carb diet. Another good alternative are turnips because they are similar to potatoes but They're lower carb and healthier.

• ?

Rice, but I eat that anyway.

• ?

Rice,  sweet potato, pasta 

More potatoes. 

• Jane

Depends on the reason for the rule and who ruled it. If it was someone who hates or has allergies to anything from the evil nightshade vegetable family ( also avoid tomatoes, chillis, peppers, aubergines, goji berries etc), then consider if they are just trying to control you. If you just want to cut down carbs, eat a tiny doughnut washed down with a tiny glass of beer. And low carb meals, plenty of info online, it's an easy matter to find out about, especially for pre and diabetic, as well as a weight loss idea.

https://youtu.be/u0Kxho2fgF4

Youtube thumbnail

• Burgoo

parsnips probably

Turnips taste bitter but Rutabagas are good.

Cauliflower. You can substitute that for almost any potato dish. 

I don't think I would replace potatoes with another vegetable, I'd just have something else instead and not think of potatoes. 

In some contexts pasta or salad would do instead. Otherwise I just wouldn't have meals that, to me, “have to have” potatoes - steak, fish and chips, roast beef.

🥴😊 Onion.

It keeps your arteries and kidneys clean.