Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 weeks ago

If you were forbidden to eat potatoes, what vegetable would you replace it with? ?

58 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

Cauliflower is a good substitute for potatoes. You can eat mashed cauliflower or rice cauliflower. It's also good for a low-carb diet. Another good alternative are turnips because they are similar to potatoes but They're lower carb and healthier.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Rice, but I eat that anyway.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Rice,  sweet potato, pasta 

• 2 weeks ago

More potatoes. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jane
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Depends on the reason for the rule and who ruled it. If it was someone who hates or has allergies to anything from the evil nightshade vegetable family ( also avoid tomatoes, chillis, peppers, aubergines, goji berries etc), then consider if they are just trying to control you. If you just want to cut down carbs, eat a tiny doughnut washed down with a tiny glass of beer. And low carb meals, plenty of info online, it's an easy matter to find out about, especially for pre and diabetic, as well as a weight loss idea.

https://youtu.be/u0Kxho2fgF4

Youtube thumbnail

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

parsnips probably

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Turnips taste bitter but Rutabagas are good.

• 2 weeks ago

Cauliflower. You can substitute that for almost any potato dish. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I don't think I would replace potatoes with another vegetable, I'd just have something else instead and not think of potatoes. 

In some contexts pasta or salad would do instead. Otherwise I just wouldn't have meals that, to me, “have to have” potatoes - steak, fish and chips, roast beef.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

🥴😊 Onion.

It keeps your arteries and kidneys clean.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.