Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 2 months ago

Inkjet printer ink cartridges are 50x cheaper in China than in USA. Why?

Because everything is made in China

• VP

Because they're 50x cheaper (in quality).

My genuine Kodak ink cartridge says on the side," MADE IN CHINA". I have a bottle of ink for my fountain pen and the label says, "MADE IN GERMANY". That little 50 mL bottle cost me $18, 15 years ago. When I was a kid a bottle of Scripto ink cost 49 cents, for my Sheaffer pen. You think they make inkjet cartridges in the USA? You'll never get a break today, since you put the price on things here by bidding up stock values.

• garry

because the chinese use cheap ink and faulty electronics on the ink reservoir , thats why , you only get what you pay for ..and a chinese man earnes $400 a month .

cheap knockoffs that aren't paying royalties ... plus labor is a LOT cheaper in China

Counterfeit cartridges

Cheap labor 

Cheap labour and lack of care for workers.

• P

I get most of my cartridges for $5-$10 from Ebay or Amazon in the USA.  Are you saying they cost 10 cents in China or are you just looking in the wrong places?  It also depends on the type of printer you purchase.  I always ensure availability of cheap cartridges BEFORE I purchase a specific printer. 

No one has the money to buy them at the prices we would pay in the US.

Also, it is cheaper to make them in China with their low wages. 

And even if you are paying Chinese made cartridges in the USA, you have the cost of shipping them here.

Labor costs and transportation costs.