Help for a trumpet player?

I get braces in two months sounds like no big deal but it is. I play trumpet and have first part melody in all songs. I am worried I won’t be able to play very well anymore and I will suck. Everybody will laugh at me. No one in my class has braces and plays trumpet. The only people who play with braces either play saxophone trombone clarinet or percussion which uses little to no lip pressure. Help I don’t want to be stuck with 2nd or worse 3rd part

I've worn braces all my adult life and I'm 82 now and still wearing them and never regretted it. And I have played first parts for many decades. About sucking on the trumpet, that's wrong! What you have to do is blow, not suck. OK I was joking. Sorry about that. About not playing second or third parts, it's not as easy as you might think. Second usually has the same timing as first but you don't have the same melodic feel for the music as the first player because you'll be playing harmony. Second playing is worth learning, worth the experience. As for third, the first time I played with a professional band as a sit in player they didn't warn me that third often has the hot jazz choruses to play, to improvise. It came as quite a shock when I suddenly had to improvise hot for 24 bars with no prior warning. But that was good experience too. If I were you I'd take it all as it comes, play second or third as required and enjoy it all. You will improve whatever you do.