why are a lot of people politically correct now?

i can't help but feel annoyed by that, people censoring each other and even trying to censor what i say, people too afraid to say anything anymore....not like when i was growing up in the 80s where you could still say anything you wanted....is this a sign we are moving closer to a totalitarian society in britain?

• P.L.

Because our governments are constantly telling us that we need to be politically correct otherwise we'd be sued for insulting others.  We live in a world of insecure, immature beings who have convinced themselves that they are all normal and mature.

Staying that way keeps trouble from coming our way zxjqdg

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• ?

Up until the last word of that question I assumed you were talking about the US, because it's happening here too. It's one thing to suggest that people not use ethnic slurs, gender/orientation epithets and such. It's quite another to "cancel" someone's entire career because they accidentally referred to Caitlyn Jenner as "he" or Elliot Page as "she". This is especially true as these new "rules" only seem to apply to certain segment of the population. 

people who whine about being politically correct just whine about how their rights to be uncivil bullies and aholes public is taken away

they are just stupid aholes imo 

• kswck2

You MUST be PC now, lest you re Shunned in polite company. 

• Zirp

Because it works... far better than calling people illiterate inbred brainwashed childmolesting meth-addicted sheeple.

Keeping a discussion civil enables outcomes that benefit everybody

If you say what you want on this site, your question/answer gets deleted and they email you a warning telling u to shut up or your account will be suspended. 

European Union/UK really needs to stop punishing those who speak the truth about certain races and cults. but they have this law against inciting racial hatred and more laws coming soon to curb free speech. ppl hate the fcking truth these days. fck. 

In the 80s Arabs countries were only a decade old. Now theyre approaching 50 years of soveireignity. Ppl couldnt imagine then the future would look like this with muslims set to be the largest religion (cult) by 2070. Whites set to be the minority in countries they used to be majority in. 

Why? I dont know why. maybe bc ppl are evil and love to live improperly and expect others too. I myself have very dangerous parents and terrible home country/relatives. Toxic ppl. I think toxic ppl need to be excluded and diversity and inclusion suck. Its grossly gross as are multiculturism and universalism has flaws too. u cant consider ppl who arent equal as equals. You askd why cant u say what u want anymore. Well the leaders are too stupid and politically correct these days. look at trump he's so crooked he talked about dipping bullets in pig blood before getting elected then after election bowed/curtsied to saudi king and let his son the crown prince get away with murder. ppl dont say anything bad about islam and its one of the biggest problems in the world so thats a problem too. even in the 80s when there was so much freedom ppl didnt say that much against islam. now if anyone speaks against it theyre either beheaded by a muslim or hated by a hindu/indian or get flak for speaking the truth. i could go on but u know what kind of site this is i'll lose my fcking account if i go on. 

ppl are too religious/corrupt these days even the ones claiming to be unreligious and religion is just one problem out of so many. trump has worsened the religion problem by a lot. i dont say biden is perfect he's too religious too. by no means a complete answer but all i can say for now. in the country my parents raised me and force me to live in this **** isnt remotely allowed if they find out i could get fined, jailed, deported. islam one of the biggest roots of evil. 

ppl were so smart and true before thugs like lincoln came along. sjw scum. perv. 

Most of what people say is ill-considered. They need to talk as the world is now, not spout their parents prejudices. Accepting diversity in Britain hardly suggests totalitarianism.

I'm not afraid but maybe you could look at it as though people are becoming more aware of other people. You should be able to say what you like within reason but you have to be able to back it up with evidence.

Example:"moving closer to a totalitarian society in Britain"

This is ok but if you can't back it up with evidence, you are just talking BS

You couldn't say anything you wanted in the 80s. I was there. I know.