Can I/how should I tell my teacher she makes me nervous?

I should give you some background. We developed a great relationship after I dropped her class and she told me to stay in touch with her. I have no reason to be nervous around her, nothing bad has ever happened. I have severe social anxiety. I don’t want her to take anything personally.

• ?

Don't feel the need to burden her with your internal dramas. There's absolutely nothing positive that can come from that. 

• ?

She is a teacher, and although you are eighteen, she has training and experience enough to deal with nervous teenagers. However, if you can try to be a little more positive - or at least open minded. As in, "I wonder what will happen if ......". 

We do tend to behave according to our self image, so the more you tell yourself (and others) that you you are outgrowing your anxiety the easier you'll find things.

Good Luck!

Source(s): coach@jamforlife.co.uk
  • ?

Get medical help...plenty of medication can make that go away.

She isn't your teacher.  You dropped her class.  There is no reason to tell her anything.   She was paid to have a professional teacher-student relationship with you but you terminated that relationship.

You are a big fat troll who needs to go back under the bridge.