Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

How gutting would it be if you raised a kid for 18 years only to find out it was a homosexual?

.... don't have to believe that. the human organs are right, there is no way it can be wrong. 

it might be disappointing

I would be disappointed in his choice although he would always be my son.

I'd be upset that my kid didn't feel he could confide in me earlier.

• T J

Would not change how I feel to my child. They are as they are born.

I wouldn't be happy, but you would never hate your child, disappointment? Yes!

It didn't change my love for my son, although I was a little sad because I knew life would be harder for him than it is for straight people.

Not gutting at all. If you love your child, their sexual preference should not matter.  After all, they aren't going to have sex with YOU, so who they DO have sex with is none of your business.

If you would find such a thing gutting, then it would be best if you never had children because love is about acceptance and nurturing.

Btw, I am a 71-year old grandmother.

• Sally

No problem.  If you love your kid, you love him or her for who they are.