Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 2 months ago

What does it mean when a video with nudity is not 100% censored, such as when a yellow smiley face is TEMPORARILY covering woman’s butt?

What’s the point of censoring nudity, if the smiley face is not covering every single frame-by-frame of nudity.  Obviously, I’m not referring to network television, as that’s grounds for fines by the FCC.  But what if a video with nudity is uploaded to YouTube, and a smiley face was placed on the nudity every now and then instead of the smiley making the video completely appropriate for children?

They're probably hiding a very specific PART of the butt that is only sometimes visible.  Maybe the woman's anus or pubic hair is visible in the original footage? 

I mean, I have no context here, so all I can do is guess.  YouTube's demonetization and rules are often enforced VERY arbitrarily and different creators react to that differently. 

They delete any videos with nudity off youtube now and it can get your account banned. Stuff that was fine there 5 years ago now gets you a violation. Same thing happened to Tumblr. Even mild side nudity that's not sexual gets deleted. Or fruit mistaken for breasts.