Ahai
Ahai asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Can split ends "heal"? ?

Is it possible to care for the split ends and make them disappear or is the only way to cut them off? 

pubic split ends................?

oh yes

oh yes 

Only way to get rid of them is to cut them off.

pubic spilt ends..............!

yes they do

oh yes 

• Jerry

No. If you have that kind of fragile hair that splits easily and keeps on splitting, then you're probably not a candidate for long hair. Trimming away the split ends will remove hair length as quickly as hair growth adds length. Better healthy looking short hair than raggedy damaged long hair. 

I remember a shampoo back in the 70's claiming it could seal them back up - but I think they were charged with false advertising. 

• ?

No they can't I wish they could. You can use a split end treatment but it won't repair, but it can protect from future split ends! And heck it is impossible to get rid of every single split end trust me, even my hairdresser said that! 

Unfortunately no. Once a hair is split the proteins can never bond back together again. The proteins in a hair are a lot like that of an Egg.. once you fry an egg you can’t ever un-fry it. The proteins within are permanently changed. (That’s how my hairdresser explained it). 

The only thing you can do it cut the split ends. Also the longer you keep split ends the more they’re split up your hair. So best to get rid of them rather quickly.