Do I have this correct; when Liberals speak, it's considered free speech. When Conservatives speak, it's called hate speech...?

Update:

@?

This isn't a ridiculous subject. It's serious! The left has been enforcing speech codes all across America. Here's the solution. Quit silencing the Masses because you don't agree with them. 

Update 2:

@Mark

And who decides what the purpose of my speech is? You, a nameless Politician, or some appointed Civil Servant. The response to pernicious speech is good speech, not silencing speech. 

Update 3:

@Yavan

The best definition of truth I ever read is "truth is that which corresponds closest to reality." I've read the Classics; Plato, St. Augustine, Homer, St. Ignatius. If you want to discuss truth, I'm more than willing to have that conservation.  

Update 4:

@jerome

No, I don't. It's a subjective matter that can be used to silence others.

Update 5:

@Heidi

See that Heidi, you exercised your free speech. Doesn't that feel great. Everyone should be able to call everyone else stupid without being silenced. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Someone famous may well have said:

“To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.”

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Do you know how to identify hate in speech?

This seems to be the issue.......

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No, you do not have this correct.  It is only considered hate speech when its purpose is to inflict hate toward a group.  Republicans and Democrats can have both, although there is more hate speech from the right than the left.

update - All you have to dp is look up the definition.

"hate speech

noun

abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation."

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's just that conservatives have no interest in what the truth is. It makes the whole of conservative discourse a fraud.

Whether intended or not... conservative talking heads produce the fraud, but those who believe it then simply repeat a fraud.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zany
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

And who are you to continue this ridiculous dichotomy? Someone who would rather pick a fight than solve a problem?

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Actually when liberals commit acts of violence they call it speech, and when conservatives speak liberals call it acts of violence.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

when you speak the truth its called hate speech according to google, facebook and twiiter

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Usually that's true. It's not a matter of opinion, you knuckle draggers just can't help yourselves. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Liberals don't believe in free speech. They believe in Communism!!!

Satanisgod.org

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Odd, isn't it? 

Especially considering the hatred THEY spew.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.