Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Did I scare him off?!?

I met this guy at work on my first day. He seemed really nice and we’re both 19. We both work in retail not corporate so this is just all in fun. He talked to me on my first day and asked me if I needed help lifting some boxes. We also got to spend some time alone because the manager sent us off together.

He asked me if I liked the job so far and I told him it was ok then we both laughed. Then he asked if I was in school and I told him I was in college and told him the name and he was like “that’s a big one” and I was like “yeah”. He asked what high school I went to and I told him and he asked if it was a charter school. He told me his high school and he ended up going to the one down the street from me. He was like “yeah my school had issues” and we both laughed and I was like “yeah I heard some stuff about that school”. Then he told me he graduated. I didn’t say anything after that until he asked me if I was from the city and I just said yeah. I’m regretting not engaging with him more. It’s been 2 weeks since then and he hasn’t been here in a week. Last week I was leaving and saw him in the break room and he started choking on his water. Once again I didn’t say anything and just left. I saw him for the first time again today. We didn’t get a chance to talk or anything we haven’t really had a conversation since then but we’ve both been kind of busy. Was he interested, did I do something wrong?

You have issues.... he’s only treating you like a coworker. Idk how many times you have to ask this... stop living in your head. 

• Orla C

If he was interested, he would have made a serious effort to see you. I don't think you did anything wrong, I just think you don't know the whole story, and he's not interested enough in you to tell you.

No he’s probably talking to some other girl to

It seems like he thought he was being boring. Since you kept replying in dry sentences, he thought that you were bored around him and didn't want to talk to him, so he stopped talking. I think. If you want to be his friend again, maybe try to leave him a message or invite him to lunch.