Azia asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My vet told me my cat has probably has brain tumor. I know she's suffering but i'm not ready to let her go. I'm hoping for a miracle :o(?

Just care for her as long as you can, but if she is suffering, do the right thing. It's hard, but it is the right thing to do.

Aw man. That really sucks. I’ve lost a few pets, and it was horrible. I’ll be praying for you.

I agree with the other comments, best to get a second opinion and if you can the third one too. It is not easy to let go of your beloved pet so asking for a diagnosis from another vet won't be too much to do. By the way, did you notice any change in the behavior of your cat? Like frequent hiding, does not want to bathe or groom him/herself? 

Everybody's saying that there's no miracle. But My cat dobby had a brain tumor. We thought she was going to die but the vet took her back to put her down and for some reason they did a scan of her head and it was gone. R.I.P dobby. Died from eating medicine. 

• PR

If you have not yet done so, get a second opinion. Has the vet done any tests that would show this? What is the vet using for the diagnosis? 

I would get a second opinion. If the second vet states the cat has a brain tumor, ask if there is a way to mange this and keep the cat from suffering. If the cat is in pain, then you need to decide what is best for the cat. 

It might help for answers to your question, to provide a little more information such as symptoms, what the vet did or tests performed, etc. The only true "miracle" might be if this is not actually a brain tumor and some sort of medication could manage the symptoms. One thing to look at is that your vet has said "probably" has a brain tumor. 

• ?

If you love your cat then do the right thing by her and let her go in peace.

You will not get a miracle, you are a bad pet owner to let your cat suffer, do the decent thing and have the cat painlessly put to sleep, end it's pain, it is the right thing to do for your animal.

• Cathy

Probably?? Maybe you should get a second opinion. 

• ?

You're not ready, but she sure is. It's not fair for the cat to let is suffer because you want her around longer. I know this is a hard decision, but every day of her life may be left in excruciating pain, all so you can have your cuddles. Don't prolong her misery and make the right choice.

don’t let her suffer