Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

I was wondering does anyone else have neighbors whose Xmas lights are so bright they light up the whole street?

They have a small house. (mine is too) But it has just as many lights as the one in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The only thing they are missing is a sheet of lights across the roof of their house. They put up PVC poles (they leave up all year long) that have sheets of lights hanging all around their house from these poles. Their whole yard is full of lighted snowmen, trees, Santas, reindeer it might be okay if there was some kind of order. But no it's all just cluttered in there. I think they are worried Jesus can't see them from Heaven. None of our neighbors put up many decorations. Just this one house.When I try to relax in the evening their lights shine right in my front window. The blinds are closed. But they are so bright you can see them flickering right through the cracks in the blinds. It takes them a whole month to put them up. It makes me hate Christmas. I will be glad when it's over. Thanks for listening.Happy Christmas.

Investing in blackout curtains would definitely be less cost effective than moving. 

• Andy C

We have trees in between houses. 

Time to invest in some blackout curtains.

Nothing that eccentric near me.  Don't hate Christmas.  

• ?

Not anymore. The one neighbor on my block moved away, but last Christmas, you could see his lights, even from around the corner. Another neighbor toned it way down this year. He had inflatables, the projector with the moving and blinking lights, animatronics, his whole house lit up, and...MUSIC. Jingle Bells on repeat for the ENTIRE NIGHT. I think people complained, he's going way bare minimum this year.

And Happy Christmas :)