Need disability sticker or tags for vehicle?

How to and where to apply for disability tags

21 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

First, you MUST be declared Disabled by a doctor - then the doctor already has the paperwork for you to fill out and take to DMV.

• 2 months ago

You go to the place where you get license plates and drivers' licenses for those. You will need a doctor's letter or statement. And the fee required. 

• 2 months ago

My oncologist filled out a form and I took it to my motor vehicle office and had it within minutes.

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your State Motor Vehicle is were you go. In most states they give you a form the Doctor and you fill out, when that is returned they may issue the special tags, it all depends on what the doctors puts down!  Good Luck!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

USA  answer:

To get a disability "sticker" requires that you have a disability.  A Doctor must fill out a form attesting to the fact that you are disabled.  You then take that to your DMV and get the "sticker".

• 2 months ago

You first need your Doctor to issue you a form stating he thinks you have a disability. Then you either send it in to your State DMV or walk into your local DMV to get a disability card to hang from your mirror. If your disability is permanent the DMV will issue you disability license plates.

• 2 months ago

Nothing is really necessary

• 2 months ago

The DMV in most states.

• 2 months ago

Check with your doctor.  He should have a form that he fills out, then you fill out the rest and send it as per the instructions on the form.

• 2 months ago

Your doctor will have to confirm this disability.  Then you get your tags, if it is permanent, or sticker if it is temporary.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.