• david
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

True, though I'm no gentleman. 

• 2 months ago

True. I am agree with it.

• 2 months ago

And thoughts are just thoughts. Acting on these thoughts is another issue. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, it's not true or not

It looks like a sophism invented by a dumb USAmerican who thinks (s)he is being very smart. Or by some newspeak-artist

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I won't pretend to answer for gentlemen, but if that were true, the species would have died out a long Long LONG time ago.

The required amount of reproduction of the species depends on the male libido being visually triggered.

Moreover, the vast majority of women know that.  Otherwise, they wouldn't alter their method of dress when actually did want male attention.

No, I am not saying that we should have long lists of rules saying what women can wear - but I am saying that it is perfectly reasonable to take someone less seriously on the basis of what they wear.  If she chooses to try to have this effect on other people generally, then yeah, one should consider than when interacting with her - whether or not she happens to want you specifically to consider that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, because they evolved to look attractive to males so we would want to mate with them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Men have long blamed women for men behaving very badly toward them. What were you wearing is the expected question in most investigations of a rape. What were you doing, woman, that caused that man to hurt you or try to kill you? The onus is often, if not always, on the woman.

Boys will be boys, is, after all, an excuse to excuse male behavior toward women and in society in general. As if they have no agency themselves. 

There's also religion, which blames women for the fall of all humankind in that magical garden. 

Girls are expected to bear the brunt of men's behaviors, to be held responsible for what men do. 

What steps do women take to prevent rape? There are a legion of responses here. 

What are men expected to do to not rape anyone? Boys will be boys. He couldn't help himself, she was drunk and wearing clothes. He has a good life ahead of him, why ruin that with a rape charge? Women lie about rape all the time, so she's probably lying now, she's a slut anyway, she's had sex before. That goes on and on, but it circles back to boys will be boys. With every leeway given to men and no quarter at all given to women. She has to be perfect and modest and on guard all the time...he can be a boy with no responsibilities ever in regard to his own actions, words or deeds. 

Just because she's wearing clothes and walks by you, doesn't mean you are entitled to her attention, time, body or anything else. The end. 

• 2 months ago

"Is this true or not, gentlemen?"

When was the last time that any boy held a girl responsible for his thoughts?  This has the ring of feminism all over it, where they hold men responsible for societies morals, which have always been dictated by women, who are the social standard bearers in society.

Have you ever considered that boys and men don't really care what women wear, and that its too often its other women in positions of authority that play this game in an effort to shift the burden onto men rather than themselves?  In other words, take this up with your female teacher that made up that claim, or your mother who used this excuse (neither of which had the consent or approval from any "boys regarding this) and tell them to quit blaming the boys and men!

UPDATE: notice the anonymous who has to personally slander individual users in ways that have absolutely nothing to do with their answers.  Don't fall for this feminist tactic of character assisanation based on -their- say-so.  For example, I am charged with "demeaning women".  Yet nowhere in my answer am I demeaning women.  There are similar charges against other users.  If that anonymous coward had any respectability, then they would be un-anonymous and discuss the issue, NOT try to smear the reputation of respectable answerers who have provided perfectly good answers here.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Thoughts don’t appear out of thin air...what people sense influences their thoughts.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nice job ignoring the argument being made to you and returning with a red herring. No one says girls bodies are responsible for boys thoughts, but that how a girl presents herself influences how boys think of them. You should do some research into male reproductive strategies and how female behavior triggers different reproductive strategies in men. When doing that research you might as well research female reproductive strategies too. 

@Anoymous: Boys will be boys is used towards cases where a boy scrapes his knee taking some unnecessary risk or something similar, not raping someone. Stop with the mindless and baseless feminist rhetoric.

@Anoymous#2: I said nothing about spreading seed or whatever. I said that certain behavioral patterns in women triggers different reproductive strategies in men. The reason men sleep around with one kind of woman and marry another is not by chance. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.