Mhoana marie asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

My dog ate 1 extreme sour airhead. My mom doesn’t wanna take him to the vet and I can’t. But I’m really scared is he gonna be okay?

Had you BOTHERED to google the ingredient list you would not have found any reason for the dog to see  vet.  The dog has ingested a very HIGH amount of sugar (not healthy) but will cause no harm - unless diabetic.

You don't need a Vet.  It's just a candy.  Dog may get sugar high but it won't last long.  If your dog needs a Vet, then you need a doctor.

I would be very angry at who ever allowed the dog to get it.  It could have been something deadly.  You must be very careful when a dog is near when eating things a dog shouldn't have.

Dogs get into crap all the time, whether it be food items or buttons, string, parts of something, plants, etc. The old "wait and see" standby is something many pet owners LIVE by. Has your dog been vomiting off and on? Puffiness around the eyes and/or mouth? Severe diarrhea? Lethargy, constipation, anything? Probably not, because it was just one stupid candy that he got ahold of. 

Again, as domesticated as dogs are, many of them have garbage stomachs that can handle a lot. One little candy isn't going to harm him, unless he's severely allergic to anything in it. Just keep an eye on him, that's all you can do. If you notice anything off or odd, then you can call your vet. My dog has eaten many things that he shouldn't have and has lived through it all: an eye from a toy, threads from a rope toy (we keep an eye on him when he does this so he doesn't swallow them all), cheese (he's very lactose intolerant, only had a bout of bad poops), bits of eggshell, cat food, a bit of cookie that I dropped, etc. One time, I found some round sparkly beads in his poop and was like, WHAT? I don't own anything like this. Turns out, the old homeowner's daughter left a bracelet buried in the backyard and he got into it, and all the beads passed. 

They get into things all the time. 

There are no Veterinarians on Yahoo Q/A.  If you are asking for guesses, I'll guess, "Yes, he's going to be okay if he only ate one."