Mechanic question?

I have an 08 avalanche las with 126000 miles and today when I went to turn on my truck it started fine and then when I was going like 30mph it felt like it wanted to stall or break and when I pressed to accelerate faster it didn’t accelerate. I stopped the truck turned it off and then on again and I haven’t noticed any problem thus far. What might have caused this or why did this happen? Any advice? Also no check engine light.

Cheap solution to try is adding ONE bottle of GAS LINE ANTIFREEZE.  I don't care if you don't see the cold weather, you do see rain. Add a drop here and there of rainwater into the gas tank and sooner or later it builds up to block the fuel line like a steel bearing.  Gas can't get around the water and the water can block a tank of gas from flowing.   The little bottle is all you need.  It will mix with the water to flow through the line and burn in the engine. No name gas or Big brand name outlets...they all get rained on.  For a couple of bucks a 3 0z container goes into a full or nearly full tank of gas.

. It only "could" work.  That is all you really care about, right?

A dirty fuel filter and or low fuel pressure (which is easily checked by a trusted private mechanic or Chevrolet Dealership) would be a good place to start.

• CB

Besides a fuel filter (and that should really fail the same on a regular basis) The Throttle position sensor may have been in a bad state and the reboot (turn off and on) fixed it. I had a focus that did a similar thing wouldn't idle down (it was a 5spd man) but after a reboot, it was fine for a day or so.  No CEL either. 

You may have dirt in the gas tank that sucks into the pick up tube mesh sleeve/filter. Turning the motor off stops the fuel pump and once suction stops the dirt falls out of the filter sleeve on the fuel pump pickup.

Fuel/air mixture went afoul. Try putting some gasoline cleaner in the gas tank next time you fill up.  That will clean out your carburetor/fuel air mixer of gunk.  At 126000 miles I'm surprised your issue hasn't happened before now.

• donnie

Maybe take it to the shop