Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

What are your favorite guitar riffs or solos to play on the acoustic guitar?

I’m trying to find some really fun or super cool sounding riffs and solos to play on acoustic. Any recommendations?

Before I injured my hand, I used to practice all solos on an acoustic guitar to get good at them.  Soloing is more difficult on an acoustic, at least if you want it to sound good, and it worked well at improving my playing.

Unless you're playing Eugene's Trick Bag or Crazy On You, fast rock soloing almost never works well on an acoustic.  It looks impressive as hell, but it doesn't sound very good even if you nail it perfectly.  It's hard to make pinch harmonics and hammered notes sound right without an amp.

If you want to impress the hell out of people AND sound amazing on an acoustic, that's why god invented classical and flamenco music.

• garry

coolest the rolling stones playing paint  it black , followed by stairway to heaven . You always remember a riff but not the complete song ..

I love playing Led Zeppelin, especially the alternative tunings they use.  'When The Levee Breaks' and 'In My Time Of Dying' are probably my favourites to play especially with a slide.

Emerson Lake and Palmer - From the Beginning

Neil Young - Tell Me Why

• snafu

Cavatina - The Deer Hunter theme.

Classical Gas.

• ?

The ones that sound the best