Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

Is it safe to study in a room with mold?

I had trouble sleeping and breathing and got sick because of mold from old wood windows in my bedroom. They will be replaced in January but until then I have to sleep in my parents bedroom.

Can i still go to my bedroom to use my desk to study and just not sleep there? or is this not a good idea. i haven't been able to study well elsewhere

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

    It is not save TO EVEN BE IN A ROOM with mold spurs.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Sure. You room lacks moving air which is how mold takes root. (mold is a plant).  If you want you could go into your room armed with a bucket of bleach water(1 cup bleach for 2 gallons of water) and a sponge or cloth rag and rag off the mold or give it a going over with bleach.  (not vinegar as vinegar also gets moldy) Washing it down with bleach is like instant kill for the mold.  The stain of it may be there but the plant got instant death.  I would use Comet or Ajax Cleanser as they have both bleach in them and an abrasive to sand off the mold stain....and a fingernail brush because I am not messing around for hours. Then once you got the window wood clean(glass does not get moldy) and dry everything pretty dry. Get a cold air fan in one corner of the room and have the fan on to circulate the air around the room by shooting down a wall.  The breeze will turn the corner and go down the next wall and the next and out the door into the house. No room can be air tight...all the time.  Otherwise you will find the window replacement to have the same problem.  The mold comes from your NOSE.  It lives there.

  • 2 months ago

    No, study somewhere else - the back porch, even.

  • 2 months ago

    Life is a compromise. You say there are no other alternatives. So spend as little time in there as you can, until January. Untill January comes, you can get the room as.  CLean as possible, too. This is best you can do, since you can't study elsewhere.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    Why not clean up the mold in that room?  Wash the window frames with water and a cup of chlorine bleach--and it will kill the mold. Then spray them with Lysol. 

    You can also study wearing a mask or face covering so you're not breathing in the spores. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    If you are planning on breathing, whether asleep or awake, 

    you do not want to be in a room full of mold spores.

  • Jake
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    The Virgin Mary grants her special protection and the greatest graces to those who recite her rosary every day with care and sincerity.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Spray the mold with bleach and you should be good. 

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    I suppose it could make yoh sick 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Once the mold spores enter your lungs, they will multiply and there is nothing you can do.  I just hope you haven't already been exposed.  See your doctor immediately and demand a complete examination.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.