How to fix login error on windows 10? ?

I recently downloaded windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. My laptop was windows 8.1 but now windows 10. I tried logging in but its stuck at the welcome screen. It isn't showing any list of users and where to type the password at all what is on my screen is just a blurry picture. The only icons that are showing is the network icon, ease of access, and the power button icon. I've tried to putting my laptop in safemode but it's not working. What can I do to fix it or should I buy a new laptop? Can anyone help me? 

• ?

do you have a mouse?

can you use the keyboard at all? (try Ctrl+Alt+Del)if none of that works, you may need yo take it to a PC Repair shop.

• ?

If pressing the space bar doesn't bring up the log in screen, then choose the restart option, whilst holding down the shift key to get to advanced boot options, troubleshoot, advanced, go back to previous version.

You can then go back to windows 8.1 save all you work and try again or do fresh install with windows 10 media creation tool and reload your data

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/...

• keerok

I'm not totally sure about this but you changed your OS. Aren't you supposed to be starting over from the beginning? AFAIK, your old username and password aren't there anymore. You start again from scratch.

As to why you're not getting anywhere then I'm guessing again that since that's win10, and if you're connected to the internet, the computer is updating itself automatically. It can take anywhere between 10 minutes to 2 weeks, or so I heard!

Thumbs down already!

push enter and type in your password.