Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

Is it cool to use swear words?

I wanna start using words like f word, c word, n word etc. Will it make me seem cool? I dont wanna sound angry or mean or anything i just wanna make friends at my new school. 

My brother laughed when I said frick. 

If you are performing stand up comedy, swearing is awesome and makes you look funny. You MUST incorporate at-least a little sweating in stand up, or else you look and sound boring and people will boo you off stage. In everyday life, people generally don’t like swearing.

no it will make you sound racist and homophobic. dont do that sh its not cool. 

Don't force it, and don't let yourself get bullied into or out of anything. After a while you'll end up talking like others in your social group anyway.

It is not necessarily cool, but it can be a way to convey emotions, emphasis, and comedic skills effect that one cannot otherwise convey. 

Those who say that it is ignorant, repeated studies show that people with high IQs tend to swear more than people with lower IQs, so take that as you will. If you have a problem with cursing never hang out with attorneys or physicians during their off hours. 

• zipper

NO!  All it does is prove how ignorant you are, and stupid!

Maybe I'm a Pollyanna, but I never did think it made someone 'Cool' to swear. 

In fact, I had friends that I thought were 'Cool' and then I heard them swear and decided they weren't at all 'Cool.' Just the opposite. 

Plus, it dwindles your spirit and that of those within earshot. 

I guess I'd rather be a Pollyanna and build up the spirits. 

• garry

depends if they find it offensive or just regular part of speech .. 

Just in case you aren't trolling~ no, using swear words makes you look stupid and uneducated. people will treat you the way they treat someone that smells bad. 

No.  It's low class and used by people with a poor vocabulary and/or low intelligence -- especially the c word and the f word.  Is that the kind of friends you want to attract?

Be yourself and you'll attract compatible friends.

Nah! As a child their use is novel. But pretty soon boredom sets in.

They are ONLY powerful or relevant when used sparingly. To express anger, disgust, despair. To ward of pain.

Used too often they become like noisy traffic, ineffective.  If anything they suggest the person lacks the intelligence to express themselves verbally, eloquently.