Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 2 months ago

Can I be a model if I am only 5’4”?

I am female. I just started watching America’s Top Model, and it’s inspired me to go for it. I’ve been learning to love my body and what I look like, so I think trying out for the show would be a bold step that I should take. I am only 5’4” though. Should I not bother?

@anonymous person. (Idk if this will notify u but I’m going to try haha). I am going to school and doing something useful with my life. I have a double major in psychology and biochemistry. I’m going to be an immunologist :)

I am doing something extremely useful with my life and work hard every day of my life. 

Yes, Definately if you are a good actor

Maybe for a midget catalogue

ASOS use 5'4" models for their petite range which is practically cheating - but better than not showing what women under 5'10" actually look like in clothes.

Realistically though modelling isn't a career for 99.9% of humankind so don't set yourself up for disappointment by sending portfolios off to agencies if you are doing so in order to build up your self esteem.  If you do want to really experience your body under scrutiny as something interesting try life modelling if there's an art college near you.  I've done this and found it a good experience.  It's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.  You can also look for ads on gumtree for artists' models (usually photography), though be very sure to look at their portfolio first to see if you're likely to be happy with how you're asked to pose, get references and be sure of your boundaries.  You can meet many interesting people this way.  As a complete aside, my best friend is an immunologist.  It's an extremely interesting field and I never get bored of hearing her tell me about her work.

• Cathy

No.   Absolutely not.  That is against the law.

Source(s): Michelle Obama and his husband.

No, you can't. Go to school and do something useful with your life. 

• ?

Aren't there petite models to show how those sizes appear on a model?

You have to be between 5'7 and up to be a model. 5'4 is too short. But you can always try just to see. You never know they may take you. 

I remember watching ANTM ages ago lol

• Murzy

probably not a fashion model

Who do you think models "petite" clothing? Basketball players? Try modeling part-time and see how it goes.

• ?

of course you could be a model