Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is it legal to bring and use these meds in the U.K.?

I'm in the U.K. and my girlfriend's from America. She's talking about coming over to stay with me sometime next summer- (if we're all allowed to fly again by then!) However, there's a problem. She's on the following meds, for paranoid and Catatonic Schizophrenia, and we're buggered if we can find out if they're legal in this bloody country or not! I don't want her trying to bring meds into the U.K. illegally and land up getting caught at our bloody customs when she gets here. What's that, a ten to fifteen year stretch, if she gets caught?! Sod that! Anyway, the meds she's on are, as follows:

Geodon,

Gabapentin,

Cymbalta,

Cogentin,

Clonodine,

Zoloft .

Are any of these licenced here in the U.K., and if not, then is there a way round this problem? 'Cos these meds are a necessity. She'll almost certainly go Catatonic without them and we can't be bloody having that! 

Suggest you contact your customs office immediately with her list. Keep in mind, she'll want to pass customs, and adhere to drug laws enforced by local law enforcement as well.

• kelvin

i would call and ask them but i see no reason why she wouldn't be allowed to bring them if they are in the original bottles and she can prove she has a prescription for all of them

she should get a doctors note saying that they prescribed the drug to her.

then when she arrives she must declare them.i bet they are all allowed but if they are not she will have to hand them over and consult a UK doctor to get more.