Claire
Lv 7
Claire asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Will the Queen be rattling around her drafty castle alone this Christmas because of Covid?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

The Queen has had a special delivery of Grimsby Pilchards. You are never alone with a pilchard. 

• Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Queen and Philip may stay at Windsor if they can not go to Sandringham House. At Windsor, according to guidelines, three households can be invited. The Daily Mail thinks that the households of Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince Edward will be invited over for the holiday.

If the Queen can go to Sandringham, she will host the annual shoot and then will be able to see more of her family since shoots can legally take place as they are classified as organized outdoor sports, so up to 30 royals could blast pheasants and partridges, according to the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8994823/E...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She will be with Philip, Edward, Sophie, Louise, and the Viscount Severn. She will also be with servants who she requires to quarantine from their own families so that she can live as she is accustomed. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. She will be in her bubble will be at Sandringham.  

I don't think you need concern yourself too much.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

She can have a few guests and the normal household staff of dozens will be there to keep her company but, it won't be the children, their wives and grandchildren and their wives and children. Unlike me though, she won't be alone.

• 2 months ago

If the UK is like in the US, when we quarantine, we are allowed to quarantine with our immediate household.  As the Queen's immediate household includes both family and support staff, I doubt she'll be alone this Christmas.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.