Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

What about this name?

Saw this in an old post . McKinsley . I love the name Kinsley and MC names so I thought this was cute . McKinsley for a girl. Thought about adding it to my list as a first or middle name 

• denise

I prefer  'Kinsey' without the L.

Sounds too dated and cheesy from wearing I’m laying zxjqk

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• ?

I'm the opposite, I really dislike Mac/Mc names for girls (Mac means son of) and Kinsley is really trendy and I can't see it ageing well. 

Mc, being short for Mac, means SON OF, in Scottish.

www.scotsman.com says:

The most common surname in Scotland beginning with 'Mac'. In Gaelic, mac means 'son of' and so MacDonald means 'son of Donald'. Donald is a name of Gaelic origin that means 'world ruler' and MacDonald is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Mac Dhomhnuill.

Other:

In Hebrew, Ben means SON/ SON OF

In Aramaic, Bar means Son/ Son of

In Arabic, IBN means Son/Son of

In English, names ending in Son, obviously means SON OF:  Examples: Madison, Jackson, Jameson, Davidson, Robertson....etc...

It's just, plain awful.  I like Kinsey....no "l".  I would be okay with Mackinsey but it just looks like Mackenzie misspelled.  McKinsley looks like someone choked on Mackenzie.