Will I lose my license? ?

I live in the state of Montana and I got my drivers license about 4.5 months ago. Since then, I’ve been pulled over twice (both resulting in a warning). The first one was because I didn’t finish my pass while the line was dotted and the second was today when I failed to yield. Because I’ve only had my license for a short time, I believe I’m on a prohibitionary license? (Can’t remember the exact name for it.) the cop said if I get pulled over one more time I will lose my license for 2 years. I’m just confused because I haven’t gotten a ticket? Any info would be great thanks I’m just a little confused by the situation. 

• zipper

NO! They were warnings not tickets, but I would advise you to fallow the laws in your state a lot better; when the tickets start coming the license can be seized by the court!  So wise up and drive a lot better!

No, cop is just giving you a warning.

To lose a license in US takes a Violation Point Count. Cant get one Without a ticket.

No matter what it says on your record about pull overs. If you never got a ticket To Sign and option to  fight or not, No. Doesn't matter if some probationary  license or or not, a Lack of Due Process is Unconstitutional; a cop being arbitrary, not following Policies and Procedures , Vehicle code, state  statutes;  IS illegal.  No court or  DMV will revoke/suspend Without Hard evidence, paper work.  Cant just on Hearsay. Ive Been to Court in criminal/civil cases; rules of evidence are the same--if  cop says: " Well, its been known" or "Its been said" or "I Told him" , etc,  its thrown out, objected to and sustained without  written record..

I threw  this at CA DMV safety  office in Sacto when they told me that old "Driving  is  a privilege, not a right",  I told them Due Process IS my right,  Fifth Amendment ,   US Constitution. She Backed Off,. told me how to Fix it..

Some violations are over two points and automatic license  suspension or revocation. I got two points at once for an accident, lost license. (had a Seizure)

Not at all, You can fix it

• ?

You may not have gotten a ticket but that doesn't matter.  because the stops are probably recorded on your driving record.  You would be wise to believe the cop and heed his warning.

Drive carefully.  The life you save could be mine

• ?

I’m just confused because I haven’t gotten a ticket?

In your case THREE STRIKES and you are...

You had TWO warnings, The officer at the moment made a judgment call on ALL: the circumstances of the specific situation and decide a ticket was not appropriate.

COMPUTERS know lots about you. The officer checked your record before he stepped out of his car.

Your concern IF you get a ticket is what the judge decides to do.

Mom and Dad can also give you unwanted issues to deal with.

no a warning is not a ticket a warning means nothing in most states

Well you have been warned at least twice.

Montana has a way for you to see what is on your drivers record:

https://dojmt.gov/driving/driving-records/

I would suggest you check it out.

• garry

you break the law you had studied less than 5 months ago ..lol bye bye license ..and who said new drivers arent dumb ..here in australia you would have lost it the first time , second time the crush your car ..

Well in the first offense, you either pulled out too late and didn't get back in your lane in time (or your car is a gutless wonder which can't get up to speed anyways...so why pass? It was your error. Next time it will be headlong into a Commercial transport vehicle and you won't live...or end up like a bowl of Jello.  The second offense was yours to control but you didn't so getting sideswiped by a DUMP TRUCK"could have happened" Jello man.  Your right to be on the road is NO GREATER than anyone else.  "Driving is a dance of politeness." Because DEATH beckons.  Lawsuits are the least of your worries(you have to be alive to pay them) Crippled for life in a wheel-chair is not the way you want to end up, maybe incapable of suicide.  So that would be your life in a fishbowl.

So far the cop has been kind to you...no fine or ticket, just a warning.  Maybe enroll in driver education to see where you are messing up.  It is your attitude you got to change.

1 week is long enough.  Maybe READ the DRIVER'S TRAINING MANUAL from cover to cover this time?  What is written there is the rules of the road and that does not include COMMON SENSE.  You need that too.

I didn't much feel like reading everything applicable to Montana driver licenses in a short period of time. But here is the link to see the information for yourself. https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0610/chapter_00... I would suggest making a call to an attorney to ask them for the best answer, though. It appears it only gets suspended upon notice from a Court or other jurisdiction. If you are receiving written warnings rather than simply verbal, then the officer that told you what he had may be correct.