Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 2 months ago

what can I put in the bath to relax myself?

What kinds of products or oils will work best?

I'm not asking alcoholic drinks, I'm asking about bath salts or bath oils.

Oh that's alright, anonymous and thank you all :).

Thank you for telling me btw, that's good to keep in mine 

Mind*

• ?

Perfect Night's Sleep Bath Foam by Neom.

Expensive but worth the money.

Mix 20 drops of eucalyptus oil with 10 drops of peppermint oil, then add two to three ounces of a carrier oil (like almond, coconut, or even olive oil). The bath oil, in combination with some Epsom salt, will help soothe your sore body after a long, hard day.

• garry

preferably water and salts .

French Girl Rose Sea Soak

Dr. Teal's Melatonin Sleep Soak smells really good, it's liquid epsom salt with a relaxing scent.

I know you didn't ask this but be careful with some bath bombs, bath soaks. I had to stop using them because they caused chronic UTI's and several friends have had the same problem. Fragrances and artificial dyes can be irritating. This happens more specifically with bath bombs from places like lush that have glitter, fragrance/perfumes, dyes etc.

But if that's not an issue for you the product I mentioned is awesome! You can find it at most grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores.

Epsom salts and lavender essential oil

• ?

Lavender has a well deserved science-proven reputation for being relaxing. It release all those restful brain chemicals. Also effective: hops -yes the stuff used in beer, and catnip. One reason we humans find catnip confusing is because the same chemical that stimulates euphoria in a cat stimulates deep relaxation and mild sedation in humans. You can buy hops and catnip pillow inserts that release a bit if scent while you sleep. I had a nice lavender pillow mist and I used it when I was stressed.  Chamomile tea is a mild soporific so sipping chamomile tea after your bath  when your in bed reading something uplifting and inspirational will help you relax. 

Addressing the source of stress in your life is also important. All the lavender on earth won't relax you if you have stress and conflict in the hours before bedtime. In our house we've banned any and all news sources between the hours of 7pm to 5pm the next day..We've also found that no phone games, endless doom scrolling and social media outrage two hours before bed helps.(unless the game is candy crush) (don't judge)Lastly, if you live where marijuana is legal some mild edibles will help. You want ones with THC, not CBD. Indica strains are best. Use one or two hours before bed and take note of how you feel the next morning. Still groggy? Take less. Wide awake at 3am? A little more is needed.  A little goes a long way.  A weak gummy bear, a cup of chamomile and relaxing bath and cool dark bedroom will put you to sleep in no time.

Source(s): My MD prescribes Indica gummy bears for mild insomnia and evening restlessness.

Try some gin.  Remember "bathtub gin?"

Put a glass of wine on your bathtub and drink it while you soak, very relaxing.