Is it dangerous to force your eyes to adapt quickly?

My room is pitch black with no windows.  Every morning I wake up and abruptly turn on every single light in the house, full blast.  This hurts my eyes badly, but I hold them open and stare into the light until they adapt.  It hurts like hell but to me it’s worth it so I don’t have to wait for my eyeballs to adjust.  Is it bad for them to do this? 

No... Just pointless and stupid.

pain is often a good indication that you're overloading your body - your eyes.. so stop it.. staring at the sun is known to cause damage into the retina even during an eclipse; so forcing your eyes against a light bulb can do the same.. and the damage can be minimal to permanent, so why taking that chance? .. my advice turn the light half through, and sit on the bed as your eyes adapt normally without rushing into things.. it's just few minutes to prevent a life time of eye problems..