Is +20 cold or warm for the US State of California?

+20 Celsius I mean

• Amy

Very cold in the south, more common in the north of the state

• ?

I'm glad you specified that you're referring to the Celsius temperature scale. That works out to roughly 70 degrees Fahrenheit. That would be sweater weather to Californians, but swimming weather to hard-headed visitors from the midwestern US.

Source(s): I'm a midwestern hardhead.

So you're coming from outside the US? Look at a map. California spans almost the full height of the US. That means there are huge difference in temperatures. And California has other specific conditions that cause what are called "micro climates". The coldest I ever was was one August in San Francisco. Across the bay in Oakland, it can be hot at the same time, because of the ocean breezes that affect San Fran. I've been in Los Angeles on a hot, sunny day and driven an hour up into the mountains to play in the snow. Southern California, other than the mountains,  is typically in the low to mid 30s in the summer, mid 20s in the winter. 20C they consider a cold spell, and they break out their fur coats. 

20°F would be cold.

20°C would be normal at this time of year, cool in summer.

There is such a huge variation in temps across California and throughout the year that the question simply can not be answered.

In San Diego +20C is roughly the high daily temperature year round.

In San Francisco +20C would be nice warm days in most months (but roughly normal in September & October)

Whereas, Death Valley got to +54.4C this past summer.

Average high in Bakersfield in July is +37C.

Average high temp in Truckee in January is +4C.

Slightly cold, but warm for winter.