Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 months ago

If I go back in time and trigger an event that would lead to my death, what will happen upon my return to point-0?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It is impossible to go back in time. Paradoxes like the one you said would occur. There is no solution to that paradox, so nature can not allow it to happen. 

• neb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

According to several recent research papers, IF and that is a giant IF, you could create a closed time-like curve (CTC) which shows up in some solutions of general relativity, you would not be able to create a paradox. In other words, you would not be able to accomplish your goal of doing something that would lead to your death that would have prevented you from entering the CTC in the first place.

I suggest you do a search on the web for the papers. But again, there is no evidence CTC’s can exist in reality or that there would be any practical way to traverse them if they did exist. Any other form of time travel does not even have a theoretical basis.

• 2 months ago

Einstein said that an observer could travel to any place in the universe - as well as any *time* in the universe - and watch what happens, but that such an observer couldn't change any events that were (or are) supposed to happen.  In other words, you can go back into the past - but you'd be unable to change any events that would alter your present. 

• 2 months ago

To determine the answer, you will have to first build a perpetual motion machine, lubricated with fairy dust, then travel five miles North of the North Pole, turn left and jump through a square circle.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Problem:

There is no guarantee of a successful round trip. 

If you go back in time and trigger an event that would 

lead to your death, that event could fail somewhere 

along the way, which could backfire on you in the 

here-and-now of before it is supposed to happen. 

What will take place upon your return to Point-0 .... 

will always remain the great unknown. 

• 2 months ago

You can't reverse entropy or the Universe becoming more chaotic and unordered. This is WHY time travel to the past is probably impossible. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is why it is likely that you can't "go back in time".  Stuff happens, and then it's over.  There is no going back.

• 2 months ago

Not possible, as that would be a paradox. If you go back in time and kill yourself, then you wouldn't exist in the future to go back in time. But if you didn't exist to go back in time, then you'd exist.

• 2 months ago

When any one wanted to move the time dimension back or reverse , one must be able to move back energy, masses and space at that moment too and this applied to moving the time forward also. Since time faculty itself can not exist by its own. That is what is going to happen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.