Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Does American citizen care about which military control Taiwan island?

The United States has a responsibility to Japan after forcing them to take a position of pacifism in their post World War II Constitution.  This isn’t about Taiwan other than Chinas desire to expand its territories.  There is considerable history I believe and likely natural resources at stake. I’m not here to judge I’m just simply stating what is my understanding. Japan and China have considerable tension in the South China Sea over territory or fishing rights I’m not sure. It’s heightened and I think they play bumper cars with ships much like the Us and Russia used to provocatively crossover neutral territory and two coastal areas of each other’s turf. Anyways, I don’t want to put words in. Their mouths but Japan is now our friend or Allie.  What happens to Japan and it’s people is the equivalency of happening to the United States of America. I believe it’s a formal understanding but I’m sure somebody much more informed that I am will weigh and and fill in the detail. Allot of tension I believe. There is a history of Japans treatment of some of its neighbors during conflicts in and around the continent and I have heard that complex and long history is not forgotten.  

Ultimately, I am referencing what I Learned in college or have absorb somewhere along the line. It’s accuracy is a best effort at the most :-) lol What I would suggest is if you want to fact check my information, go on Twitter and ask our President. I’m smiling.  He’ll have an opinion!  Bottom line is I haven’t seen this kind of tension since the US / Canadian tensions over the past century. I think it was over Trade Import Export.  I don’t believe we paid our tax on the Hockey Players, Comedians, and Hot Women that came to the US over the years. Ultimately I believe we settled it with a handshake and a few cases of beer.  But it’s touch and go these days. 

We don't care TBH.  Have at it.

Source(s): I'm moving to outer space anyway so I can finally live in peace away from human beings and their idiotic behavior.

Taiwan has not been a military dictatorship for a long time. They have been able to change and grow into a vibrant democracy. To suggest that does matter is nihilism.  

I do not know why both Chinese nations cannot have recognition just like many want a two state solution in the Middle East. 

You just raised a danger flag by asking about a "military" controlling an island that from 1949 has functioned as an independent country. It appears that you have an "agenda". What is it?

Most probably don't because most are low info people who don't pay attention to foreign affairs. For the rest of us, we want Taiwan to be a free a sovereign nation, not a territory used and controlled by communist China. The Taiwanese people deserve better than oppression from China; they deserve freedom.

• Daniel

Which American citizen?  There are over 300 million.

If you want to start WW3..........go ahead and try to take Taiwan away from China. 

China doesn't  CARE what Taiwan or anyone else *thinks* 

China considers  Taiwan  THEIRS........PERIOD. 

and anyone trying to say different,  is gonna have a fight on their hands. 

• Pete

It doesn't matter what Americans think. China would never allow a foreign military to control Taiwan.

• !

Probably not, which is really the best case scenario. When America takes an interest in who controls a territory, they can get rather.... invady. 

I don't think most Americans could show you where Taiwan is on a map.  A map of Taiwan!  Since Nixon (early  70s) the US hasn't even RECOGNIZED Taiwan.

We used to see them as our military base, like an aircraft carrier off China's coast (I used to hear that).  But we're pulling back our military presence in the world, as all world hegemons do, as it gets just too expensive.  We still keep China from taking it back, but some future US president might be as beholden to China as Trump was to Russia, and then China may decide to be 'reunited' with Taiwan.