What programming language is the best to use for web development?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

HTML + Javascript + PHP

• 1 month ago

I develop the back end systems and renderers with programming languages. My choice is first c# but that's just because of my history. There are many. Now when you say web development it's like java script and browser programming. Right now your choices are java script, some java script pre-compilers like TypeScript and this Blazor that Microsoft wants to try to replace java script. 

You can do everything in java script and its derivitives though. Front and back end.

• 1 month ago

If you are planning for wordpress then it would be php if not wordpress then it might be js ( both for front end and back end). 

• 2 months ago

PHP or JSP or ASP.NET

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's no "best" language for web dev, it depends on the webhost you're going to use, among other things.

A common beginner's choice, and well supported by most webhosts, is PHP.

Alternatives are Python, Ruby, Node (JavaScript), C# and Java, popular web frameworks

respectively are Django, Ruby on Rails, express, asp.NET and JSP.

Since JavaScript is also used in the browser I'll recommend trying node/express first, provided you have basic JS knowledge already.

• 2 months ago

You can use HTML, CSS, javascript etc.

• 2 months ago

i think you need html, css, javascript etc.

• 2 months ago

The pages themselves are HTML with CSS; that is all a web browser can understand so you have no other options.

If you are making a database-driven site, the "back end" is generally best using PHP and Mysql. 

There are other possible languages for that part, but those are the most versatile and best supported on all web servers.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Web Pages are written in a Mark Up Language called HTML & CSS.   Java Script is also used for special features.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

JavaScript, but Python is also very popular. 

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.