Laura asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My female rescue has just started biting me?

We rescued her about three years ago, she's transformed from living behind the sofa covered in dreads and full of ulcers to a beautiful blooming fluffy girl with all the love and care she could ever need. She's very affectionate with us, was slow to warm to strangers and will never be a lap cat but she's come on leaps and bounds and I adore her. Recently she's started biting me, so etime playfully but some times really hard and prolonged - she attacked me in bed the other night and I'm now constantly covered in deep scratches where she just lunges at me. She doesn't do this to anyone else. I'm the one that feeds her, brushes her, loves her and she still always sleeps in bed with me. What happened? I feel like she might need another cat to try and work her behaviour out with?

• ?

Sunshine is fattening and that's all.

• PR

Is your cat spayed? If not, this can affect her. Have you taken her to the vet? If not, she could be sick. Take your cat to the vet. Play only with strings or wand toys. Learn about cat behavior, as well. But, first a trip the vet is in order.