Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Girlfriend thinks I won't marry her?

My girlfriend wants to get at least engaged, and she's told me she is scared it won't happen. 

I told her it will happen, but it takes time. 

At Thanksgiving someone asked me when am I going to proposed, and she just was quit the rest of the night, and I can tell she was upset. Work is slowing down for me now, winter months money to more tight. At one point she said I just feel it's never going to happen, and if it does I don't want to wait 5 years to get engaged, and another 5 to get married.  Than she said sorry...its just been getting to her because she just wants to start a real future with me..

Advice? My credit got hurt with covid 

Don't feel pressurised to get married. At lot of people want the rings, the marriage and forgot what it actually forgot that relationships require two people to work with one another. Her being silent is making you feel guilty when you haven't done nothing wrong. Honestly speak to her about it, address your situation and work on a plan together. 

If you both plan on marrying someday and feel that you're truly in love with each other. I'd recommend giving her that ring. Why delay it further?

Here’s a test. Ask her if she would still be with you if y’all never got married? If she says no then dump her! Marriage doesn’t make your relationship more secure. Marriage doesn’t save you from your relationship breaking down. Marriage isn’t a requirement to be with someone and people need to stop expecting it to be 

• R.j.

Dont be pressure, then it wont work out, it does take time, so dont listen to people, if your unsure there may be a reason, take your time

She's insecure for a start.She also needs to learn the value of money.You could always shop online for cheap engagement rings.I've seen them for $10 and upward.Rings that arent expensive and easy to replace.Wont hurt your budget.Does your gf work? Relationships are teamwork not hard work.

if money is problem than there is a simple fix.

in many countries,  the guests actually fund their own dinner, accumulates for a profit for the couple and a good start for their life together. (relatives and close friends bring more money than others)

give the marriage a theme, tell guests to bring money instead of gifts and you are good to go.

• Alan H

If you both want that, why wait.

Two can live together cheaper than apart

• ?

dont marry her , use her forever , you are set on not marrying her , its simple as that , 5 years together is to long .. chances are if you wanted to marry her you would have a long time ago , feels good using her , doesnt it !!!

Do you want to get married or not?

It costs about $100 at the local courthouse.

If you actually want to get married but need to accomplish certain things first, COMMUNICATE with your gf about what those things are and when they will be completed.  If you lack those basic skills and common sense, I don't know what to tell you.

Have a nice day in Trollville.

• car253

You can propose now.   Let her know you want a 2 year engagement or whatever time period is right for you.    The woman wants a commitment.    Nothing wrong with that.    Within 2 years you will have a better job or a new one and work on your credit together.