Have you ever visited an old house you use to live in?

It’s been 15 years since we moved to a new house. And I want to visit my old house. What would I say to them to let me inside.

They aren't likely to let you inside if you just stop in. My house is never ready to be shown to people!

If you're really eager to see it, you write the residents well ahead of time, explain that you grew up in that house and ask if you could take a look inside, no more than ten minutes, at their convenience (within a date range if you have to come from somewhere else).

The worst they can say is nothing or "no."

During the time of COVID is not a good time to ask.

They won't let you in because a house is a private place. For the family that bought it. So "F.off." is the usual response.  Also the house is smaller than you remember it and STUFF HAS CHANGED LIKE THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD is not what you remember.   You moved on.  A house is just 4 walls...and a roof.  Like your new place.

. Going on their property is called TRESPASSING.   During this virus, yeah expect the shotgun to make an appearance.

. Who want to go back and visit their "Hovel" of a home.  Usually people upgrade as they move.  If you live in a castle now, why even care about the straw hut you started in?