Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Why should i mop my floor?

Is there any good reason to do so? I sweep around once a month but havent mopped in around 5 months. It looks a bit dirty but not filthy

Update:

I dont have kids but one cat. I mopped anyway and thefloor was a dark. brown and lots of fur. Maybe the dirt keeps me healthy as i never get sick. Hope this wasnt a disservice to my health

13 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Have you heard germs? Your feet have germs on them and your pets do too. You should at least mop your floor with a good cleaner that kills germs and cleans your floor too.

• 2 months ago

Yes, to keep it looking good you should sweep it once a week and mop it every one or two months. That way you will keep on top if it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mop because it's quicker than wiping up. Not as efficient, but quicker. It will make the floor look better. It probably needs a good cleaning.

• 2 months ago

Sweeping daily is a good habit, but it should also be mopped as needed. 5 months sounds as if you're lacking somewhat. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I sweep every day but mop only when I've spilt something.

• 2 months ago

Hell.  Why sweep?  Just kick the chunks in the corner.  Why bother?  Same goes for underwear and socks.  Just don't expect anyone who comes over to eat your food or come over again.  Great way to lose a bf or gf.

• GF
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Don't mop, it's dirty. Use a steam mop to disinfect and loosen dirt. Then buff with a swifter dry mop. It comes out nice. That's how I clean my granite floors 

• 2 months ago

Sounds like you will need to shovel before mopping.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you live in a dirt floored hovel, you should mop your floors at least once a week.  Floors become contaminated with spilled food, dirt from people walking in from the outside, and dust/dirt just generally falling to the floor. This is how germs spread--when people don't take the time and effort to be clean in their environment.  If you have pets or children, this lack of attention can be especially dangerous to them. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Trust me, it is filthy.  Try mopping one area and you will find the mop water comes back black.

You can ruin your floor. Stuff just gets ground in and won’t come up.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Better to mop it before it's absolutely filthy because upkeep is so much less work than a deep clean - and you'll feel self-satisfied afterwards.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.