Brady asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 2 months ago

Is hurricane season over this week?

Because I'm getting sick of tropical systems. I am looking forward to winter. I'd rather have snowstorms. 

Yes, technically hurricane season ends November 30. Tropical depressions and invests don't care what the date on the calendar is. 

• TQ

Whether hurricane season is over this week depends on what part of the world you have an interest.

In the Atlantic basin ... hurricane season starts at 12:01 AM on June 1st and ends on November 30th at 11:59 PM.In the Northeast Pacific basin ... hurricane season starts at 12:01 AM on May 15th and ends on November 30th at 11:59 PM.In the Northwest Pacific basin ... hurricanes occur all year round so there is no defined season.In the North Indian basin ... hurricane season starts at 12:01 AM on April 1st and ends on December 31st at 11:59 PM.In Australia and the SW Pacific ... hurricane season starts at 12:01 AM on November 1st and ends on April 30th at 11:59 PM.