What does it mean if you've seen the devil? (Supposedly)?

When I was younger (ages 6-10) I remember walking up stairs to my room one night to head to bed. When I walked into my room opposite my window casted a shadow of what seemed like a long shadow of the standard figure of the devil with his tail and triton. I followed the shadow to view the window and saw a silhouette of the same image. 

From there I ran from my room and upon returning the figure was gone, never seen again. I'm certain of this occuring even though I was young. I was on the second floor of my home and no street lights or tree could've projected the image. It seemed so real I can't explain it exactly.Anyone ever experienced or can possibly explain what maybe I had seen?  

• ?

Just a normal accident it could be any reason, the so-called devil is not real.

It doesn't mean anything, because that's not what the devil looks like.  I dated her for almost two years, so I would know.

All those heavy metal album covers lied to us, because Satan doesn't look anything like that.  No cloven hooves, no horns, no pointy tail, no pitchfork, no red skin, no fangs, no glowing eyes.  As it turns out, the devil really is a beautiful woman in a red dress.

She's actually just-beautiful-enough, but the red dress comes off really easily so she gets 6 bonus points on the 1-to-10 scale.

A shadow of a rake... From the window. 

Devil? Mary? Alien? LSD? Trick of the light? Your dad? Who cares?