steve asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

A friend took my dog to vets and now refusing to give her back ?? Police sat doing nothing at all!!!?

My dog was in labour and she had a pup stuck my vets was coming out and told not to move her as she is comfy and settled and a “friend” removed the dog and took the dog to another vets which I didn’t want or allow 2 hours later the friend rang and said she has signed my dog into another vets and I’m not getting them back and I rang the vets and they new I was the owner and the previous owner before me confirmed to the vets as well that I’m the owner and the vets stopped talking to me and gave the dog to the other person and now the other person refusing to give my dog n pups back ??? Police are doing nothing at all and I miss my dog and want her and her babies home ???

I'm sorry, but something doesn't sound right here.  How old and what size is the female dog?  How big is the puppy that got stuck? Is the female, for example, a Bichon, delivering a Rottie puppy?  If so, that would certainly be the reason.  A small breed dog cannot safely deliver a large breed puppy.  That would be considered neglect/abuse.  I don't know all of the details here, but it sounds like you got yourself into some trouble here.  You most likely won't get your dog back if neglect or abuse is suspected.  And, in most states, it's punishable by law...a judge will hand down a sentence.  I don't think that asking on Answers is the best way to handle this situation.  Maybe, the best way for you to handle this is to answer for anything you might have done wrong, learn a lesson from it, and never do it again.

• ?

Vets don't come out for such a situation as it is most likely a c section is needed and that is done at the surgery so something doesn't ring true here at all and it is my opinion that you neglected this dog and it would seem that your friend actually saved your dogs life. 

As for Aruba's reply... it is so naive it is laughable. 

In this situation vets rarely if ever say "stay where you are because the dog is comfy and settled" was the dog in labour or wasn't it? Where were you when your friend took your dog against your will?

• ?

As a breeder myself people knows how to agitate me assuming everyone who has a litter of puppies is a BYBer, so not true!!! How do they think they got there dogs if bought from a breeder! A BYBer is someone who over breeds and doesn't take care of the dogs! Keeping the dogs in unfit living conditions, not taking to veterinarian for regular exams, and so on. As for myself my pups mom and dad ALWAYS get regular exams, puppies get 1st shots and are thoroughly examined before being sold, and if anything is wrong with any of them I tell the person that is interested what is wrong and I drop the price if they still want the puppy, plus I give a 36 month health guarantee! But I would go to the civil courts (Magistrate's office). So to everybody labeling right away BYBer get proof of someone being a BYBer before you open your trap, and assume! Not EVERYBODY is a BYBer, there are lots yes, but not all, it is about time you all realize this! If you people can't realize simple things I don't know how you know simple everyday things or manage them!  Good luck getting your pup and babies back!!! To everybody else back off the poor man!!!!

If you had the dog microchipped then the company has it on record that you are the owner.   If you had the dog licensed then the animal control people have it on record that you are the owner.   If you have EITHER of these then file a police report and say the dog was stolen.   Pictures of you with the dog will help.   If the police still will not do anything then consider suing your friend.   On the other hand if you did not microchip and did not license then you screwed up bad and probably lost the dogs. 

Of course the police are doing nothing, it is not in their jurisdiction.  You needed to contact Animal Control.  They are the law when it comes to any kind of animal.

You can always take them to court with a report from Animal Control to get your dog back.  

Who ever has your dog may not like the fact that you are a BYBer & they may think they are saving the litter from you.  Since BYBers don't know enough about dog breeding, you messed up by not being there for the whelp.  People take an emergency leave just to be home for the big event.

BYBers always run into problems but I have never heard a story like this one.

Some punctuation might help better understand what you are asking.   From what I think has been going on, I have to ask how this other person was able to take your b itch to any other vet in the first place!!    Why didn't YOU take her to your own vet for help (or use your mentor!!)?   Why didn't the new vet phone you, as the legitimate owner of the b itch, before accepting her for treatment?

Your friend has stolen your b itch and her puppies and the police should act although I imagine they are as confused about what's happened there, as I am. 

Sorry, this story doesn't make a lot of sense, to me.    You may need some form of Court Order to take to this other person and collect your b itch and puppies.

• PR

If the dog was safe with you, to have her babies, how did the other person get ahold of her? Additionally, if a dog or cat is having a breach birth, the animal could die from that. 

Wondering how the other person got your dog, and wasn't the dog inside your house if it is a pet dog, and especially if the dog was in labor? If you have proof the dog is yours and the person trespassed to get the dog, the police probably would do something. But, the dog ought to be inside where it is safe, if there is any danger.

Tasers don’t work on animals. The fur stops the electricity from hitting the nerve. Try calling animal control officers instead, they can find and tranquilize your dogs.

• Rick B

A responsible pet owner would have their dog fixed.  There are enough dogs dying in shelters every day.  You are irresponsible.

If you want your dog back, take the neighbor to civil court.