Is there anything wrong with waiting to have sex until marriage?

I’m a 24 year old guy and I love my girlfriend, we both go to church and are faithful goers. Anyways we have both decided to not have pre-marital sex until we get married, is there anything wrong with waiting to have sex until marriage?

Not at all.  It's your life.  You and your partner agree and are happy with your decision so there's nothing to worry about and it's nobody's business but your own

Nope. I had sex with my husband before marriage and sometimes wish I had waited. Good for you

Yes and no. I waited and my marriage lasted 6 years due to sexual incompatibility. After I divorced I did not wait and there’s literally been no difference. Marriage is a legal status and doesn’t save anyone from their relationship breaking down. I get marriage is sacred in religion but most people don’t really follow their religion like they say they do either 

There is only one thing wrong with your plan.  After you marry a woman, her sex drive shrivels up and dies.  It happens every time.

Don't believe me?  Fine.  Go ask any 20 men who have been married (to the same woman) longer than five years.

No nothing wrong

Yes, it ridicules

• k w

If you are both comfy with that, then go for it......matters not what others think...

• David

OK, follow me on this...

Most marriages fail.  The statistics are about 50% end in divorce.  But those statistics (as bad as they are) are also misleading.  They don't count the marriages that SHOULD end in divorce, as one or both partners are miserable, but trying to stick it out...

If we could count the number of marriages that fail with or WITHOUT a divorce decree, the percentage of failures would be close to 95% or higher, after 7 years. 

So you know right off the bat that the odds are against you.  That is, it is safest to assume that your marriage will fail.  To think you will somehow beat the odds would be arrogant and unwise.

Now, knowing that your marriage will most likely fail, WHAT will likely cause it to fail?  One of two issues account for more than 99% of divorces:

1)  Money headaches.  This has nothing to do with lack of money, but more to do with disagreements in how to manage money.  Example:  If you are a saver, but your wife is a spender...that will not work.  But that's just one of many money problems that can cause a marriage to fail.

2)  SEXUAL INCOMPATIBILITY.  Just as often as money problems, sexual incompatibility kills marriages.  The examples are two numerous to list here.  One common one is...hubby likes sex every day, but wife would prefer once a week or less...and is unwilling to compromise.  But there are other things that factor in.  Is he oral?  Is she?  Does she like to receive oral?  Does he?  For sexual intercourse, what positions does she prefer?  Which ones does he like?  Is she into anal?  Is HE into anal?  Do either of them have any particular kinks that would turn OFF their spouse?  The list is endless...

Now, here's the problem.  You can't just say "I am man, you are woman and therefore we are sexually compatible".  If the guy is straight and the girl is straight, that is obviously a good start.  But to figure out if the two of you are sexually compatible will take time and effort...LOTS of time and effort.  If you two are dedicated to each other, you two might be having frequent sex for a year or longer, just to learn everything that makes each other tick, as far as sex goes.  That is one huge reason that people start having sex long before marriage. 

Now, you want to wait until marriage.  OK.  Bad idea.  The odds of any two people being (roughly) sexually compatible are about 1 in a thousand.  Now, you can certainly ENJOY sex for a night or two with any particular member of the opposite sex.  But if you are looking for someone to be happy with in the long run?  That is tough to find. 

So let's think this through.  You two get married without having sex with each other before getting married.  There is now a 999/1000 chance that your marriage will fail within 7 years, and that the PRIMARY cause of the marriage failing will be sexual incompatibility. 

People who determine that they ARE sexually compatible before getting married...most of those marriages fail.  The VAST majority of those marriages fail.  Why would you be stupid enough to enter a marriage without having sex?  That there just practically guarantees 100% that the marriage is doomed before you even apply for the marriage license. 

It is commendable that you wait until you are married. That is what God wants you to do. And doesn’t he know what is best for us ? I know he attitude in the world is different but he results speak for Itself. Because people have slept around so much they can’t be loyal to,one person. Hence so many people splitting up . Divorce rate is very high. But also people living together don’t stay together because it is easy to find an excuse to leave. I think you are making the best decision and you definitely won’t regret it . ..https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as...

The biggest issue is that you won't know if you're sexually compatible.  This can destroy a marriage.  Personally, I recommend living together for at least a year before getting married.  Loving each other doesn't mean that you'll be able to live with each other.  My husband and I spent several years together and working out our issues before getting married.  I'm glad we took the time to do that.

No, in fact it's better to wait until marriage.