Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Getting paid every two weeks is bad if the job pay $10.50 working full time?

• ?

Not if you know how to stay on a tight budget

No it is better than monthly..Army did it once a month and so does my former husband get paid monthly. I will get part of his retirement money too

I get the same thing, though I work for more than I get paid. And two of my other fellow employees do not work as hard, doing the bare minimum -- but if I did not do the amount that work that I do, which is much more than them -- the place would look so much different, and the result would speak for itself. One employee is a hard-worker, those he has been working there for 5 years, and only gets 12, and he only gets 12 because he had to argue for it. A lot of people get paid more money than him doing a lot less, even from the get-go. He gripes about it a lot, but his complaining is legit, and I respect him. He works hard, and has been there, when so many others have left, and did not work as hard. Though when I was working there yesterday, he told me that I was doing 100% more work than him. Though he is undoubtedly a hard-worker, his contribution as a good team-worker is appreciated.

I don't ask that people do as much as me, but that they work hard, but I also understand that the two other employees don't want to put forth much effort, because they are not being paid if their performance is better - and it is not looking like performance is rewarded by this company. I have worked there for almost a year now, and was given a fifty cent raise, however, when I first started working there, I worked for a temp service, getting paid $11, so I took a $1 pay-cut. Due to all this Coronavirus stuff, my part-time job turned into a less than part-time job, so I was basically getting $200 a week, until finally I was getting full-time hours. I've been mentally debating whether to move on, but I am trying to be careful because this was one of the few jobs that remained essential, while so many other jobs laid off their people. I'm not saying that they couldn't lay me off as well, but I know that they know that they are getting a steal from me, as I work harder than what they pay me.

I have worked at other places like this before, places where they knew they could pay me more, and that I was worth more, but they though of themselves as wise for having obtained someone who they did not have to pay very much money to. When I have gained more certainty of path and some direction, then I can figure out where I need to be... though these times are a bit uncertain as far as employment and opportunity goes. If I find another essential job that pays more, I don't mind jumping ship, as how they treated their 5-year employee speaks volumes to me. I'm not working there for 5 years and have to argue for entry level pay. I think the only reason I put up with it, is because I'm not so micromanaged, and I can mostly do my work without interference, and my direct manager is nice and respectful. It's interesting how a few factors could change my mind so easily though.

What difference does it make. You’re still getting the same amount. 

• Robert

In the grand scheme, what difference does it make if you can budget if you get paid every week, two weeks or once a month?  You get paid for every second you work.  You need to not go out and spend every cent of it the first day after payday.

Everyone, say hi to Captain Obvious.

Actually, don't say anything, just report Captain Obvious.

THAT IS NOT A QUESTION......

It depends on how many hours you work a week.

It's no more or less bad than getting paid every week and making that amount.