Yvonne asked in PetsRodents · 2 months ago

Ways to give a hamster exercise?

My hamster is about 9 months old and he seems to have stopped using his wheel. He doesn't like going in his ball. I let him out of the cage but I don't know of any other ways to give him exercise.

You don’t need to let your hamster out for exercise if you have a tank for them. Usually a 40 galloon tank is perfect for hamsters. But if you can’t afford that than go to petsmart and get him a 20 galloon tank. Make sure you get the lid for the tank too 

A large cage. Minimum they need is 450 square inches but bigger is better. Get as big of a cage as you can. 

Hamsters are generally inbred rather badly, causing them to suffer a host of medical troubles.  Your hamster may be exercising less for very good reasons which obviously it has no means to convey to you.  Consider a flat exercise wheel, as seemingly curving its back while running isn't something it enjoys.  Additionally, you might try cage extensions along with well placed treats.  By nature, it loves to explore for food, so take advantage of that.

I suggest wave riding. Put it in the toilet and flush.